Album "Overview": 808's and Heartbreak


Over the the last couple of years, Kanye West has been one of the most respectable and consistent rappers in the game: his rhymes are ridiculous, his productions are very recognizable, and his voice is unmistakable...but most importantly, he's a very creative man who likes that stand out of a crowd and come with something different every time, and that is exactly what he came with in 808's and Heartbreak. Let's get into this CD shall we?............

First and foremost, I believe that sing you sing a song it really limits you from alot of things. It's very hard to be expressive when you've been a rapper for so long. This is the very first thing that I noticed when first listened to the entire album. Kanye really sounds monotone throughout the album. It's very hard to stay concentrated on this album to be honest. Another thing, it's difficult to deliver clever and witty metaphors when singing, it just sounds too odd. I sat there patiently hoping to hear one of Kanye's usual outbursts and did not hear anything. The album starts out with "Say You Will", a very awesome track that also stays on theme with a heart monitor chiming throughout the song. I really enjoyed the beat on the second track, "Welcome to Heartbreak". 'Ye also brings it on this track. The only thing that bugs me about it is that it seems that Kanye used way too much distortion on his voice. Sounds like I'm listening to AM frequency radio. Track 3 is the second single of the album, "Heartless". In my opinion, its just another heartbreak song with a nice tune. "Amazing" featuring Jeezy is a respectable track. I really enjoyed Young Jeezy. "Paranoid" really got me bobbing my head. This is personally my favorite track. We actually get to enjoy Kanye rap this song and it has a killer beat with an 80's feel to it. "Robocop" is a very odd track. It'll be one of those love/hate tracks. Another track I enjoyed on this album was "See You in My Nightmares". Wayne adds that extra touch to it. The CD ends off with "Coldest Winter". Also, a good track but it's very redundant because he repeats every line. I honestly did not want to get into this review thoroughly because I really feel like this project was really done as a prototype to see if it would work. Either that or for the real Kanye fans. I enjoyed this album but there was never any anticipation from me like in the last albums where I would stand outside Virgin Records and we until the stroke of midnight to cop the album. It really saddens me as a big Kanye fan. I miss the 2nd verse of "All Falls Down". I miss the first 30 seconds of "Get Em High". I miss the crazy metaphors bar after bar. I miss the Common, GLC, Consequence, Dwele, Jigga, and Talib collaborations. I miss the old Kanye......

Kanye, I hope Graduation wasn't the last time we heard you drop rhymes. :(

1 comments:

bill jabr said...

good review.. i feel u but I am not mad at kanye for searching for himself.. I just hope he isn't searching too hard..

Broadcast by Ustream.TV
http://www.meebo.com/rooms
Exclusive 2009 New Yung Joc Single!! - Poppin featuring bobby v

Have you ever wanted your own TV show, radio show, or live chat?

Live streaming video, audio, and chat is the future of promotion and marketing on the internet. Through our partner network of several high traffic sites, and our ustream.tv sponsor partnership, we are able to provide artists, personalities, producers, or anyone music related an opportunity to create a live show that will be viewed all across the internet!! If you are interested in promoting an artist, producing a radio show, reality show, talk show (music related only), etc., Contact stayondeck@gmail.com and we will give you more info on how these shows can benefit your growth and how you can build your show to achieve sponsorships in the future. Yes, you can actually make money from having a show too! Forget about getting on TV, you don't need it. With our shows it is limitless how many websites you can broadcast through on the internet. That means an UNLIMITED amount of viewers can be reached and the possibilities for growth are endless. For more info on our show services and marketing please email stayondeck@gmail.com. Let's make history!

Template Design | Elque 2007