Trey Songz Breaks Down The New Him





I thought it would be cool to posted up an interview with Essence.com that Trey also posted on his myspace page to get everyone ready for him tonight. In the interview with Essence Trey talked about his recent change in appearance, politics, growth, and love.

ESSENCE.COM: So I hear you’re making a pretty big change soon…

Trey Songz: I cut my hair today. Everything I do in my life I do with a do-rag [laughs]. The braids are a part of me. It’s been ten years, but I am tired of them.

ESSENCE.COM:
Is this change just another step in your evolution process?

Songz: With the new album, I am growing more into adulthood. I’m wearing my pants up a little more, my clothes are fitting [now], and I think it’s time to step into manhood, so that’s why [I decided to cut my hair.]


ESSENCE.COM: Speaking of new albums, I hear you've been burning the midnight oil in the studio as of late. What direction are you taking with this new LP?

Songz: I look to grow on every album. Musically, I have a soulful hip-hop edge, and I want to keep that base but also expand. I want to experiment with world music, soul, R&B, and a little bit of pop, while still keeping the essence of what I do.

ESSENCE.COM: Do you ever feel like the music today is missing something?

Songz: There is a lot of creativity and a lot of music of substance that doesn't get heard. I'd say it's more about what's missing from mainstream music. [The industry] wants a record that will stay in people's heads. If a song like Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On" came out today, it would never get played. Everything has its place. R&B [is mostly] about love. Rappers talk about clubs. So you're either loving, having sex or in the club. I mean, Lil Wayne speaks about Al Sharpton on his new album but what's the single? "Lollipop." I dig people that try to get [a message] out. But everyone has to compromise a little piece of creativity to get a hit.

ESSENCE.COM:
Songs like "Hatin Love," "Last Time" and "Missin You" show that you definitely know a thing or two about love and relationships. What is the recipe for a great love song?

Songz: A good love song makes a woman feel good. It makes a woman sing it and a man want to sing it back to her.

ESSENCE.COM: Since you brought up politics, how do you feel Obama's campaign is progressing?

Songz:
Obama is great. I'm proud of him even though I don't know him. It's great to know that Black men can do things like this in this world right now. Even though he's not 100 percent Black, we feel proud about the views that he has and the way he looks at things. There's a lot of pressure on him. I hope he can handle it.

0 comments:

Broadcast by Ustream.TV
http://www.meebo.com/rooms
Exclusive 2009 New Yung Joc Single!! - Poppin featuring bobby v

Have you ever wanted your own TV show, radio show, or live chat?

Live streaming video, audio, and chat is the future of promotion and marketing on the internet. Through our partner network of several high traffic sites, and our ustream.tv sponsor partnership, we are able to provide artists, personalities, producers, or anyone music related an opportunity to create a live show that will be viewed all across the internet!! If you are interested in promoting an artist, producing a radio show, reality show, talk show (music related only), etc., Contact stayondeck@gmail.com and we will give you more info on how these shows can benefit your growth and how you can build your show to achieve sponsorships in the future. Yes, you can actually make money from having a show too! Forget about getting on TV, you don't need it. With our shows it is limitless how many websites you can broadcast through on the internet. That means an UNLIMITED amount of viewers can be reached and the possibilities for growth are endless. For more info on our show services and marketing please email stayondeck@gmail.com. Let's make history!

Template Design | Elque 2007