Ashanti's new video......

Okay, so I got to find out what all of you think about Ashanti's new video, "The Way That I Love You." OMG!! Can you guys relate to this video or what? I mean, seriously, I had tears in my eyes as I was watching it. It's such a powerful and emotional video that many people can relate to on a lot of levels, especially me.....

This video is definitely controversial and is based on the hit reality show, "Snapped" on the Oxygen network, in which ordinary women commit terrible crimes of murder. In the video, she murders her boyfriend because he cheats on her. The question is, did she take it too far with this video? Personally, I say no. It's indeed a great comeback video for her and the fact that so many women, and even men, can feel the pain of how it is to give your heart to someone and then find out they have cheated on you. Plus, a little controversy never hurts!!! Haha.... However, I would never condone murder as a way to solve a problem. You just have to realize that he cheated because "he" has a problem and not you! You just need to move on and take the situation for what it is. As Bite mentioned before, this video is going to be one of the biggest songs of the year.... I even believe that the album will sell fairly well, especially since she has been on hiatus. Well, here is the video. Let us know if you connected with it or not. Also, be on the lookout for her new album The Declaration to drop on March 25, 2008. It looks like the Princess is back!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this video is a step up for Ashanti. I have to say I haven't been too much of a fan of hers in the past. I felt like she was amateur compared to artist like beyonce, etc. This video is going to give her a new image. I think her voice is better and the acting in her video is probably due to the fact that she has more experience now. I don't think she went too far in this video, because it was done in taste. They showed snippets in the video that told the story but nothing too graphic. I think it shows how it is in the "real" world, whatever that may be. I just think that it shows how being hurt so bad can cause a person to think irrationally and do things that could ruin their lives further. I would rate her a 5 stars in this video. If all of the other songs match up to this then i'll definitely buy the album.

Rowrytah said...

Thanks so much for weighing in your thoughts about the video. I agree that everything was done in taste and it was not a graphic video. And I think a lot of thought was put into this video. I agree that this video will improve her image greatly. Thanks so much for your response!

Anonymous said...

I love the video! I appreciate every aspect of it: its so real. I wasn't sure about Ashanti and her come back but this is SO raw and full of emotion. LOVE IT!

Broadcast by Ustream.TV
http://www.meebo.com/rooms
Exclusive 2009 New Yung Joc Single!! - Poppin featuring bobby v

Have you ever wanted your own TV show, radio show, or live chat?

Live streaming video, audio, and chat is the future of promotion and marketing on the internet. Through our partner network of several high traffic sites, and our ustream.tv sponsor partnership, we are able to provide artists, personalities, producers, or anyone music related an opportunity to create a live show that will be viewed all across the internet!! If you are interested in promoting an artist, producing a radio show, reality show, talk show (music related only), etc., Contact stayondeck@gmail.com and we will give you more info on how these shows can benefit your growth and how you can build your show to achieve sponsorships in the future. Yes, you can actually make money from having a show too! Forget about getting on TV, you don't need it. With our shows it is limitless how many websites you can broadcast through on the internet. That means an UNLIMITED amount of viewers can be reached and the possibilities for growth are endless. For more info on our show services and marketing please email stayondeck@gmail.com. Let's make history!

Template Design | Elque 2007